Intex 24'x52" pool.

Jul 21, 2010
Hi everyone. I am new here and hoping for some reassurance!! We have just bought the intex 24' pool. My husband spent ages levelling as much as he could. Water levels looked pretty good when we started to fill so we kept going. As we reached the top it looks like its approx 1.5" out, which after searching for advice we decided wasn't too bad. My question is about the legs. Since the water has settled, the legs on side where he didn't cut as much out have moved out a little on the bottom. The rope was pulled tight but has obviously stretched a little. My question, Is it normal for the water to push the legs out a little or do they need to be exactly upright? Many Thanks from Kerry

It's normal for the water to buldge the bottom a little. At the bottom of the pool you have about 2psi pushing outward for the water pressure. That doesn't sound like a lot until you figure how many square inches of pool wall there is.

Thanks for the reply. When we measured water depth both ends and assessed how the water was coming back into the pool from the pump we decided it was too far out to risk it. So, it is now just about pumped out so my husband can work on it again. Luckily we have other uses for the water so don't need to waste it ! Thanks again for replying, I'm sure i'll be back for more advice soon.
Kerry x

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.