Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Well I had been thinking about building an outdoor kitchen and had my friend do a lot of research, pros and cons on DIY. I also had done some research in purchasing one already built or have someone custom build one but these are way too expensive :( . I bit the dust a few days before 4th July and purchased one already built, something :roll: I said that I was never going to do however it was a deal that was just too hard to pass :party: . Hopefully I did not make a decision too quickly and foolishly. I justified this by saying that I needed a new grill and was going to have to spend some money. This is the Fiji Island built by Treasure Islands BBQ ( Now Paradise Grills Direct Paradise Grills Direct | Outdoor Kitchens in Houston and Naples | Bars, Grills, Fire Pits ) . They claim to have built the worlds strongest Barbeque islands. Here are the specs
- Summerset Stainless Steel 32" Professional Series Grill, rotisserie, infrared back burner
- Bar dimensions 8ft x 6ft with footrest, seats 6-8 people
- Counter top is Slate
- Under-bar lighting
- Umbrella and umbrella holder
- GE 4.3 cub. ft Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- Electrical outlets
- Frame is welded 1" square steel, painted and powder coated

After purchasing the outdoor kitchen, I realized that there was going to be a problem getting it in the screened Dolphin Bar and Grill area, so I had to quickly modify my screened door. I contacted my screen man and he came out the next day and put in a double door, I also had him replace the screen on the top and put in tinted vinyl so that we could enjoy the bar area and grill when it was raining. I am planning to put in a small sink in the corner behind the bar as I pre planned for one by running plumbing for water and sewer. Just another project in the works :-D

Dolphin Bar and Grill before Upgrade
full

full

Screen replaced with tinted vinyl
full

Double doors modification
full

This pic shows with the umbrella, however we use it freestanding around the pool.
full

full

This pic shows the welded frame

full

Night time pics
full

full

4th July with DW

full

full

full

Last edited:
I thought I would post some night time pics. It is really very pretty with all the lights on.

DW is looking at TV. The TV is located in the Flamingo Lounge next to the Dolphin Bar and Grill.

full

full

BTW I had to change the patio lights 3 times. Can you imagine up and down the ladder :rant: DW wanted Teal and Pink lights and has ordered many lights in search of the right color :mrgreen: We now have at least 200 lights of various colors :( Not sure what we will do with the other colors :-D

full

Boopy, which is the name of our cat really enjoys the outdoors . She also bellies up to the Dolphin Bar during Happy Hour as she does not want to miss out on the 2 for 1 specials :cheers: :cheers:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent - Was the enclosure mode expensive? I'm in the "waiting for the enclosure guys to start" mode and ....

Just thinking! (I'm in your neck of the woods).

Brent I love the pictures posted in here!
Especially the one taken on the fourth of July with all the flags in ceiling, it makes you wanna jump in there right in the middle and participate :wave:
That is how a picture should be taken. You have captured a relaxing atmosphare that I like very much :goodjob:

Dang it Henry your are correct :( I am never in pictures because I am always the one taking the pictures :-D Besides I do not think that I am photogenic so I use the excuse that I am the camera man :party: Good catch :cheers: :cheers:
BTW I love your outdoor kitchen and I can't wait to see it finished :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I knew that I wanted to add a sink to the Dolphin Bar and Grill however I was not sure how to :?: . I had several ideas including a custom build however I was not ready to take on the project and the cost :( so I looked into a very inexpensive way to do it :idea: . I purchased this sink which is a utility laundry tub for a great price on craigslist and installed in about 1 hr. I only have cold water running to it but I was quite surprised how functional this is and how much we use it and how in the world did we ever live without one for such a short time :hammer: The wife thinks it looks great and that is all that matters :cheers: :cheers:

full

full

full

full

loweran said:
Looks great!

I miss Jacksonville, but not the humidity.
Lately we have been having lots of smoke from many wild fires. It is quite bad in some parts, they closed some schools in St John's county a couple of weeks ago because it was deemed poor air quality to breath. We are in desperate need for rain, very unlike in other parts of the country which are experiencing floods. Temperatures are in the 90's and the pool is great even though we keep it at 92 degrees. We love to swim at night and soak in the pool literately for hours. Last weekend the girls got in the pool at 11am and did not get out till 11pm that nite. Of course they had to get out to use the bathroom etc. :p :cheers: :cheers:

We are in a similar situation. Have not had any rain to speak of since February. It's seriously dry. They banned fireworks for the fourth. There have been many fires and millions of acres have burned. Our pool is holding at about 89. Days are now in the 100s. Nice thing is, you can get in the spa, and just turn on the jets w/o the heater and it's nice. Out kids will spend all day in the pool as well. Wish I had an outdoor potty :)

You mention the screen cover that you added is vinyl. Is this the product that they normally refer to as Tinted Lexan or acrylic plexiglass? I too am researching installing a screen & want a covered section for the rain, but am struggling with finding covering options. By the way, it all looks great...

Starplex said:
You mention the screen cover that you added is vinyl. Is this the product that they normally refer to as Tinted Lexan or acrylic plexiglass? I too am researching installing a screen & want a covered section for the rain, but am struggling with finding covering options. By the way, it all looks great...
It is the same stuff they use for sliding windows. I believe it is made by 3M. It is soft and stretchy. I comes in clear or tinted. We have the clear on the sliding installed on the windows for the screened in room. The installer says that you can hit a golf ball into it and it will deform however it will eventually smooth over to original size. Any screen installer should know about this stuff. It fits into the same tracks as the screen. The sliding windows are warrantied for 10 yrs. The top however is not warrantied but the installer says that we should get about 3 yrs out of it and he thought that it would be able to withstand 50 mph winds. I think it depends where you put it as the intent is to have it for windows. PM me if you want to talk off line :cheers: :cheers:

Hello-I love everything you have done with your pool and kitchen. We're planning to do something very similar in Jacksonville, and our space is the same. Can you tell me who your pool builder/company was? I'm in the process of calling a few now-

donnarama said:
Hello-I love everything you have done with your pool and kitchen. We're planning to do something very similar in Jacksonville, and our space is the same. Can you tell me who your pool builder/company was? I'm in the process of calling a few now-
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you get it and if I can help you. :cheers: :cheers:

Well here are some updates. We wanted something more permanent that the vinyl over the Dolphin Bar and Grill so after many quotes form various companies we decided on Suntuf. We also added another door on the other side of the pool.

full

full

full

Now this was a bonus at nighttime, looks like diamonds in the sky:D

full

full

full

full

full

We lost the beautiful plants so the wife had them replaced with Mr and Mrs Flamingo:D:D A lot easier to maintain

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.