Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: New Outdoor Summer Kitchen in the Dolphin Bar and Grill

New Outdoor Summer Kitchen in the Dolphin Bar and Grill

Well I had been thinking about building an outdoor kitchen and had my friend do a lot of research, pros and cons on DIY. I also had done some research in purchasing one already built or have someone custom build one but these are way too expensive . I bit the dust a few days before 4th July and purchased one already built, something I said that I was never going to do however it was a deal that was just too hard to pass . Hopefully I did not make a decision too quickly and foolishly. I justified this by saying that I needed a new grill and was going to have to spend some money. This is the Fiji Island built by Treasure Islands BBQ. They claim to have built the worlds strongest Barbeque islands. Here are the specs
    - Summerset Stainless Steel 32" Professional Series Grill, rotisserie, infrared back burner
    - Bar dimensions 8ft x 6ft with footrest, seats 6-8 people
    - Counter top is Slate
    - Under-bar lighting
    - Umbrella and umbrella holder
    - GE 4.3 cub. ft Stainless Steel Refrigerator
    - Electrical outlets
    - Frame is welded 1" square steel, painted and powder coated

After purchasing the outdoor kitchen, I realized that there was going to be a problem getting it in the screened Dolphin Bar and Grill area, so I had to quickly modify my screened door. I contacted my screen man and he came out the next day and put in a double door, I also had him replace the screen on the top and put in tinted vinyl so that we could enjoy the bar area and grill when it was raining. I am planning to put in a small sink in the corner behind the bar as I pre planned for one by running plumbing for water and sewer. Just another project in the works

Dolphin Bar and Grill before Upgrade

Screen replaced with tinted vinyl

Double doors modification

This pic shows with the umbrella, however we use it freestanding around the pool.

This pic shows the welded frame

Night time pics

4th July with DW

5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

Re: New Outdoor Summer Kitchen in the Dolphin Bar and Grill

Verrry relaxing! Got that "It's-5-o'clock-somewhere" feel to it! Great job!
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

I thought I would post some night time pics. It is really very pretty with all the lights on.

DW is looking at TV. The TV is located in the Flamingo Lounge next to the Dolphin Bar and Grill.

BTW I had to change the patio lights 3 times. Can you imagine up and down the ladder DW wanted Teal and Pink lights and has ordered many lights in search of the right color We now have at least 200 lights of various colors Not sure what we will do with the other colors

Boopy, which is the name of our cat really enjoys the outdoors . She also bellies up to the Dolphin Bar during Happy Hour as she does not want to miss out on the 2 for 1 specials
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

Wow, quite a party place you got going! I don't think I would ever go inside all summer. Very nice atmosphere, I enjoyed how each section has it's own name and theme! Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

Brent - Was the enclosure mode expensive? I'm in the "waiting for the enclosure guys to start" mode and ....

Just thinking! (I'm in your neck of the woods).
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure

It was very reasonable. The door and vinyl was about $480. Where are you located????

Saint Johns County - (see PM)
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure

Brent I love the pictures posted in here!
    Especially the one taken on the fourth of July with all the flags in ceiling, it makes you wanna jump in there right in the middle and participate
    That is how a picture should be taken. You have captured a relaxing atmosphare that I like very much
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

And if we look closley on the first pic can we get a glimpse of you in red trunks, reflected from the window and thats is almost just as good
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

Dang it Henry your are correct I am never in pictures because I am always the one taking the pictures Besides I do not think that I am photogenic so I use the excuse that I am the camera man Good catch
    BTW I love your outdoor kitchen and I can't wait to see it finished

I knew that I wanted to add a sink to the Dolphin Bar and Grill however I was not sure how to . I had several ideas including a custom build however I was not ready to take on the project and the cost so I looked into a very inexpensive way to do it . I purchased this sink which is a utility laundry tub for a great price on craigslist and installed in about 1 hr. I only have cold water running to it but I was quite surprised how functional this is and how much we use it and how in the world did we ever live without one for such a short time The wife thinks it looks great and that is all that matters

Looks great!

I miss Jacksonville, but not the humidity.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

Quote Originally Posted by loweran
    Looks great!

I miss Jacksonville, but not the humidity.
    Lately we have been having lots of smoke from many wild fires. It is quite bad in some parts, they closed some schools in St John's county a couple of weeks ago because it was deemed poor air quality to breath. We are in desperate need for rain, very unlike in other parts of the country which are experiencing floods. Temperatures are in the 90's and the pool is great even though we keep it at 92 degrees. We love to swim at night and soak in the pool literately for hours. Last weekend the girls got in the pool at 11am and did not get out till 11pm that nite. Of course they had to get out to use the bathroom etc. :P

We are in a similar situation. Have not had any rain to speak of since February. It's seriously dry. They banned fireworks for the fourth. There have been many fires and millions of acres have burned. Our pool is holding at about 89. Days are now in the 100s. Nice thing is, you can get in the spa, and just turn on the jets w/o the heater and it's nice. Out kids will spend all day in the pool as well. Wish I had an outdoor potty
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

You mention the screen cover that you added is vinyl. Is this the product that they normally refer to as Tinted Lexan or acrylic plexiglass? I too am researching installing a screen & want a covered section for the rain, but am struggling with finding covering options. By the way, it all looks great...
    20,500 gallon free form, 6X9 hot tub w/ spillover, 18" jumping platform w/ 3ft shear descent on chopped rock, Travertine coping, 2.5HP Hayward 2-speed filter pump, 525 Hayward Cartridge filter, 350K BTU Hayward NG Heater, 2HP Hayward water feature pump, Satin Matrix Northshore Carribbean, Jandy PDS-8 Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Starplex
    You mention the screen cover that you added is vinyl. Is this the product that they normally refer to as Tinted Lexan or acrylic plexiglass? I too am researching installing a screen & want a covered section for the rain, but am struggling with finding covering options. By the way, it all looks great...
    It is the same stuff they use for sliding windows. I believe it is made by 3M. It is soft and stretchy. I comes in clear or tinted. We have the clear on the sliding installed on the windows for the screened in room. The installer says that you can hit a golf ball into it and it will deform however it will eventually smooth over to original size. Any screen installer should know about this stuff. It fits into the same tracks as the screen. The sliding windows are warrantied for 10 yrs. The top however is not warrantied but the installer says that we should get about 3 yrs out of it and he thought that it would be able to withstand 50 mph winds. I think it depends where you put it as the intent is to have it for windows. PM me if you want to talk off line

Hello-I love everything you have done with your pool and kitchen. We're planning to do something very similar in Jacksonville, and our space is the same. Can you tell me who your pool builder/company was? I'm in the process of calling a few now-

Quote Originally Posted by donnarama
    Hello-I love everything you have done with your pool and kitchen. We're planning to do something very similar in Jacksonville, and our space is the same. Can you tell me who your pool builder/company was? I'm in the process of calling a few now-
    I sent you a PM. Let me know if you get it and if I can help you.