Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just joined the borax club

1. Back To Top    #1

Just joined the borax club

Just joined the borax club. How long after adding the borax and MA until you can get back into the pool?
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So you want to add borates to your pool--Why and How

As soon as everything is thoroughly mixed and you're sure pH is in range
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Sweet.. I have a few Ph monitors from having a couple salt water reef tanks. I have one sitting in the Skimmer box and Ph is currently 7.48 without any aeration.
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

4. Back To Top    #4

gqjeff,
    Where can i get one of those PH monitors?
    Will you be interested in selling one?

Thanks.
    35k gal 850sq ft french gray plaster, Jandy JEP1.5HP ePump, Pentair 60sq DE filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, 10 Fafco sunsaver 12'x4' panels with Goldline GL35. Laars lite 325k BTU NG heater, Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED light. Plumbing: 2" PVC, No main drain, four 1" returns, 1 skimmer with 2 wall drains, one 1.5" suction cleaning port.

5. Back To Top    #5

This is the one I have in my Skimmer. Its not waterproof so you can not leave it in the pool. I get roughly 7.5 on the test strip so its pretty accurate. I just calibrated it to make sure. Seems nothing in the pool throws off the reading either. I use ph controllers on my tanks that turn on/off co2 when its not needed.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... catid=4482