Which parameters are likely to get messed up (other then chlorine) if you test your water 30-60 min after shocking?
Today I found some algae in the pool on the lamp, behind the plastic cover. As I removed the plastic cover and wiped off the lamp with the cloth soaked in bleach, the algae ended up on the pool floor. I didn't have time to vacuum, so I shocked the pool and left automatic vacuum in it and left.
About 1hr later this water was tested at different pool stores (I didn't have time to test it myself, so I asked my brothers to take water to 2 stores). This time to my surprise the test results were nearly identical between the 2 stores (except for PH, 7.6 vs 7.8), however they both showed CYA at 60 and CH at 370. My TF100 always has CYA at 30-35 and CH~~600. Could shocking temporarily change these two values so drastically? If not, then I really wonder which results are more accurate, mine or the 2 stores where the water was tested.