Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using a Higher Free Chlorine Level

1. Back To Top    #1

Using a Higher Free Chlorine Level

If my CYA level is 80, the CYA/FC chart says that the target FC level should be 6ppm. Is there any danger in running the pool with 2-3 PPM higher FC than shown in the CYA/FC chart? I have found that the vinyl liner was getting slippery at the target FC level and that went away with the slightly higher free chlorine level.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using a Higher Free Chlorine Level

No, there is no problem running a higher FC. This is especially true if doing so eliminates a slippery feeling on your vinyl.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Using a Higher Free Chlorine Level

Thanks, I figured it would be okay. I am going to target a FC of 7 and see if that keeps the liner from getting slippery.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.