After a chain of events, our pool was doused with GB 1111 and Altosid, which I do not know anything about but used for mosquito control.
Trying to recover, i see my pH level OK and ppm TOTAL ALKANITY OK, but the chlorine level drops down to 0, after just a couple of days of being OK.
I also see and feel hard mineral, kind of like hard water minerals in the bathroom, on the sweeper hoses and body.
I am also reading about Cyanuric Acid, which I never used or needed to measure before. Unless I am mistaken, Muriatic Acid is the one I've used occasionally.
The local pool services want to drain, acid wash, refill and start new. I know they want-need the business, but, is it really necessary? The puzzling thing for me is the chlorine level dropping to 0 after only a day or two.
Thanks for any advice.