Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hidden Algae!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Olney, MD

Hidden Algae!!

I finally found it, after using quite a bit of chlorine for the past few weeks, I discovered the hidden location of my algae... in the special ring I place over my main drain cover to prevent the pool cleaning robot from getting hung up on it.

The device has two pieces and the algae had made a nice home between the two (and not noticeable from anywhere but up close). Scrubbed it out best as I can, will have to disassemble to complete the job.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Hidden Algae!!

Good job! That's is really being a sleuth.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

It's hard to find all those little hiding places sometimes. It can hide in places we never think to look. This will be another thing to add to the list of places to look when you're stuck trying to complete the shock process.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I can imagine that pool light nitches can be another culprit.
    14'x28' vinyl liner inground 3.5-6' deep wedge hopper 15000 gal (used to say 13000- I calculated wrong), 1 hp pump with sand filter, 2 returns, 1 fountain, traditional chlorinated, pool house.