Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie question about pool covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie question about pool covers

Just installed AGP a couple of weeks ago. The deck should be completed this week. I need some advice on pool covers for when I close the pool. My deck will be completely around the pool. I was wondering how I was going to hold the cover down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie question about pool covers

Our pool is like that. There' s a small gap between the deck and the pool, and that's where the tie-downs go. Yes, we (ok - the kids) have to climb under the deck to fasten the cover down.
    ~17,500 gal outdoor 18'x34' oval Doughboy pool; Haywood 1 HP Super pump; Haywood Pro-Series Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie question about pool covers

For years I would use screws with large washers to hold the cover down, but this year I tried using water bags and it worked great! I got them at my pool store for a few bucks a piece. The are 6 or 8 feet long with 2 tubes that fill with water which were about 4" in diameter. I bought enough so they would slightly overlap.
    30 foot round AGP (25k gal), 2.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Diver Dan pool vac, TF-100 Test kit
    -It takes less time to do things right then it does to do it again.