Plumbing + Renovation

I'm spending a lot of time in my pool on these cooler winter days, :-D no heating either, just me and my 4"trusty diamond wet polisher grinding off the previous 3 coats of paint. Well it's a slow dirty job and it has taken half the pool to perfect my technique of removing the paint and not the plaster. :hammer:

I've got cracks I didn't know I had, they have all shown up now the paint has been removed but the good thing is these cracks have all been repaired previously. I suspect they were always there, probably shrinkage cracks. Some will have to be re-repaired.

Ha!,I hope that's easier than this job. :-D

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 55
Thinking about using the existing pump to run the suction cleaner and backwash the filter and buy a smaller fixed speed pump maybe .5hp to run the filtration. Surely I'll save a few cents on electricity if I go to 2" pipes. Can someone please assist in calculating my toatal head for this system. I have worked out I need 30 GPM to turn the pool over in 10 to 12 hours with a 1/2 hp pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.