I just came across this method, and have been trying to get my pool to shock level, starting with green water. I have dumped in 12 large size bottle of bleach so far. It is still very cloudy, but water has turned to a whitish blue. I have a test kit, and I know everyone says I need a really good one, this one still has lots of uses, and with the amount of money I am spending on these chemicals this year, I just can't justify buying another yet. So, when we get in teh pool we can smell bleach, you can even feel it on your skin, however when I test, it shows my chlorine level is nill. Last night before bed I had it up to about 2ppm, today nothing. My Ph level is between 7.2 and 7.4. I have a 24,000 gallon pool. Got any ideas on what is going on? Should I continue to dump bleach in? Thanks in Advance.