Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool skim or Pool Devil?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool skim or Pool Devil?

Our return line is a simple 1 1/2 inch smooth PVC pipe. What would work best for us:

Pool Devil or Pool Skim?

Cheers,
    Fiona
    11,000 gallon chlorine pool:: 48 sq ft DE filter :: IG plaster :: 1 hp Whispaflo pump :: Gas heater and Solar Panel heating

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool skim or Pool Devil?

Both cleaners screw into the return. You would need to change the return fitting to a female threaded fitting to use either of these cleaners.

I have a pool skim and have been very happy with the results.

You can compare the two cleaners in action on youtube.

Pool Devil
    Pool Skim
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool skim or Pool Devil? :: UPDATE

Ok so I'm clearly useless with a tape measure...turns out or returns are smooth 1 inch PVC!! This seems highly unusual yeah?

Well I bought the Pool Devil Pro and the Universal Adapter which is designed to go into a 1 1/2 inch smooth PVC pipe. And of course now it won't fit. Aarrgghhh, this is killing me.

So, any ideas how I convert my 1 inch smooth return to a 1 1/2 inch threaded return?

Thanks,
    Fiona
    11,000 gallon chlorine pool:: 48 sq ft DE filter :: IG plaster :: 1 hp Whispaflo pump :: Gas heater and Solar Panel heating

4. Back To Top    #4

yep a slip fitting that will slip into your 1 inch on one side and on the other side has a 1 1/2 inch threaded female end. THey have them in the plumbing section of your local DIY store. Very easy to solve
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Once you get this working, please post your thoughts on how the PDP works. I am curious if the PS can possibly be worth three times as much. They seem very similar.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

6. Back To Top    #6

The big difference I can hear in the videos is the slurping sound made by the devil. Not sure if they used real time audio with the skim or if it makes any noise, but the loudness of that devil would bother me.
    That said...if I could find the devil in the store for $30 I would try it.
    25k gal vinyl AquaRite T-15