Extended Test Kit Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME details from the original poster. Really appreciate this post. Had a question about Combined Chlorine test and if I was testing it correctly and the question was answered here. Thanks for this post and I have found that this site is an awesome source of information. - pool newbie.

FAS-DPD k2006 tester this part of my test turns yellow instead of Pink do you use the same water sample or do you refresh the water sample?

Add 5 drops of R-0003 and swirl to mix. If the sample remains clear, your CC level is zero.
If the sample turns pink again, add R-0871 one drop at a time, swirling constantly and counting the number of drops as you go. Continue adding drops until the color changes to clear. The pink color may become extremely faint before it goes away. Make sure that the sample goes completely clear.
Multiply the number of drops by 0.5 to get your CC level.
Dispose of the sample safely. It is best to pour it down the drain with the water running. Do not add it back to the pool.
Rinse the sample tube with tap water and store for next time.

Was psyched to get the fresh refills for my K2006 from TFTestkits and broke them open this weekend (my pH and FAS-DPD and CYA test reagents have been replaced regularly but I think the TA reagents might have been the ones that came with the kit originally:oops:. I was a little weirded out when my TA test with the new reagents turned yellow instead of red but thankfully searched the forum and saw from this thread's directions that this is normal. I'm just curious why this is the case? (FWIW I ran the test with my old reagents and the test turned red)

There are two dyes in the TA test indicator dye. At high FC levels one of the dyes can bleach out and turn clear. The other dye continues to work correctly. The net result is that the colors you are expecting to see change from green/red to blue/yellow. The test is still valid even when the colors are different.

There are two dyes in the TA test indicator dye. At high FC levels one of the dyes can bleach out and turn clear. The other dye continues to work correctly. The net result is that the colors you are expecting to see change from green/red to blue/yellow. The test is still valid even when the colors are different.
Ah, got it - thanks for the explanation!:lovetfp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.