Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: is there a place for pool care professionals to discuss ?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

is there a place for pool care professionals to discuss ?

I'm not sure what forum catagory to place this question in, so moderators please move this if necessary. Is there a forum that pool service professionals can discuss their business issues and such? I know of several for the landscaping business, and they are quite helpful when you have a business related question. I'm just wondering if there is a similar place for the pool care folks.
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: is there a place for pool care professionals to discuss ?

There is a fairly new forum called something like "poolgeniusnetwork" that seems to be made for people in the business. This forum is pointed directly at pool owners. That said, you are welcome to discuss things pool related. We have many professionals that frequent this forum although they tend to do so to offer advice to pool owners.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave is correct. poolgenius® Network (PGN) is a site for pool professionals, mostly pool service people and pool builders though there are also a few public health people there as well. The issues discussed there include business issues. Though this forum (TFP) is focused on residential pool owners, we would welcome any discussions of experiences or questions/advice you have in terms of pool maintenance (e.g. construction, equipment, water chemistry and chemicals, testing). If you believe the topic may be controversial or distracting to the general population of users here, there are forums called The Deep End for technical or tentative discussions and Agree to Disagree for more permanent disagreements.

So far, you've been doing just fine with your posts in the main forum areas as they relate to real pool issues that others would like to read, but I understand your question regarding more pure business issues and PGN is probably your best place for that.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks guys! That was just the type of place I was looking for. I am just starting out professionally and it definitely helps to have good business advice. I love this forum and I will continue to support it for my own personal questions and answers etc...

5. Back To Top    #5

I think 99% of the professionals out there could learn a thing or ten from TFP.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by poolgirl22
    I think 99% of the professionals out there could learn a thing or ten from TFP.

Why do you think I'm here ~every day

I don't know it all. but I'm trying

Thanks for the link! -when I move, I may well end up being a self employed pool dude
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)