Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Indents in bottom of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Indents in bottom of pool

I have had a pool for about 1 year and am noticing indents in the bottom of the pool around the edges varying in size up to the size of my heel and probably about an inch deep. One person at the pool store mentioned getting more sand under the liner but didn't mention that I would have to drain the pool to do this. Is there any way to get sand under a pool without completely draining the pool?
    16 x 41, 24,500 gal fiberglass with 450 gal spillover spa; Pentair intelliflow VS, Pentair Clean & Clear 420, Pentair MasterTemp 250, X-stream 2 slide; aquabot breeze 4wd

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Indents in bottom of pool

My suggestion is not to worry about it until the liner needs replacing. You wil have to completely drain the pool in order to level it out.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

My only concern is that the liner weakens to the point that it would break causing a major problem.
    16 x 41, 24,500 gal fiberglass with 450 gal spillover spa; Pentair intelliflow VS, Pentair Clean & Clear 420, Pentair MasterTemp 250, X-stream 2 slide; aquabot breeze 4wd

4. Back To Top    #4

I would not worry about it...Fix it when it's time for a new liner.....
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I've had nice little "divets" in my liner for four years now. I attributed it to the fact that not all the air pockets were taken care of when the sand was packed. They don't hurt a thing and I've learned to ignore them. Don't think you have anything to worry about.
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    24' Round AGP, 13,500gal, 1.5hp Hayward
    Cartridge
    TF100 Test Kit BBB Baby!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

I was told by the set-up people that you can use an aluminum bat and just tap the humps down slightly with the end.....they use a device but said an aluminum bat will do the same thing!