An great guy that Dave is...

Apr 3, 2010
It is said that a true friend is one that will help you bury a body. I would like to add that also a true friend will help you lay 9 yards of concrete for a footer of a pool in record heat and humidity. That friend is none other then Dave, the Troublefreepool.com "guy" and just wanted to reach out and give him a big thanks...

Pool is coming along and kids are starting to see that I wasn't lying. Pictures of pool (and Dave) will be posted soon when I stop sweating... :cheers:

Don't let him kid you....he coaxed me into the backfill hole (said there was a beer down there) and I was too old to get out by myself!!! :shock: :shock:

Truthfully, I did very little work but I still had an opinion on everything. Besides, I felt somewhat guilty in that I was fairly influential in making him believe he could do this project.

It is gonna be one great pool and he has the perfect family to enjoy it for years to come.....lotsa' young kids!!!

Marcm15 said:
Hey Dave if you ever find yourself up here in NY I bet you can make a whole lot of new friends...I would be happy to be your first...I have plenty of beer!

You've got beer, I'm closer, and almost as good :lol:

Dave is quite a person. I've known him, from the boards for 5 (or is it now 6, Dave?) years. He's supported me when the mod (s) on another site were ~'attacking' me. Always been a good source of humor (when dealing with 'off pool topic' threads), while still keeping the pool issues first! He's provided us with 'the finest test kit' available and kept the finest pool support site available to all for free :whoot:

He was also there for me when I was having issues with my impending move :goodjob: :bowdown:

I've done business with him a couple few times and the service is beyond compare for test kits!!!!

(in case you didn't get the point here, Dave - we kind-O-like you :lol: )

I had my first pool installed on 30 June of this year and bought my TF-100 later that week. Kit arrived packaged well and fast. A great value and peace of mind as well knowing I can accurately test my own water.

@waste - I always have beer especially now that my neighbors found out we have a pool!

@Marcm15...just wanted to say welcome neighbor. Should you get into overstock mode, I'll meet ya at the newburgh-beacon bridge :goodjob:

ps...I'm in Dutchess/hopewell jct

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.