Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Experience with Vyn-All brand safety covers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Experience with Vyn-All brand safety covers?

Hi All,

does anyone have any thoughts or comments on Vyn-All brand covers? i have a quote for my IG pool and it's reasonable, but wondered if any of you have any insight on the longevity, quality of it as a product.. is it good to go or should i get a loop-loc instead?

many thanks!

Rich
    1979 IG Gunite pool 23,000 gallons
    2008 tile job with new poured cement coping.
    Nautilus Model 48 DE filter 48 sqft
    Pac-Fab Multiport valve
    Hayward SP1600

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Experience with Vyn-All brand safety covers?

What was the quote? I've never heard of them.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

never heard or them either, just off the top of my head i've heard of loop-loc, meyco, anchor, coverlon, yard gard.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4

about $3000 installed, on a double kidney 18'x34' pool [attachment=0:3idavuxh]pool_avatar.JPG[/attachment:3idavuxh]

Vyn-all is in NH i think and the guy i'm dealing with deals direct with them, has worked with them for 10 yrs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pac-Fab Multiport valve
    Hayward SP1600

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a 16x30 single kidney. My loop-loc was $2500 installed. The kidney shape is more expensive. The 3K installed is not out of line for the area (I'm in mass too). I would go with a loop-loc. Name brand, good product.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!!

Am I doing your cover I deal with them directly and have for the past 10 years, too.

I've installed a couple hundred of them and opened and closed > 300 pools, every year, with the Vyn-All covers - it's a good product (they also make the 'Cover- Logic' covers, as well as the liners we install)

I STRONGLY! advise you to spend the extra couple hundred $ to get the 'Sunblock' weave - it'll pay for itself in the first 2 seasons of being able to open the pool crystal clear!

If they have any issues with the covers, they effect the installer, not the pool owner. They have a little glitch in their layout program that 'messes up' grecian corners (nothing major, but the anchors end up being ~2" from where they ought be) and sometimes have a little trouble sending the right amount of springs and anchors - again, this is only an issue for the installer, and we always carry extras

Please feel free to ask of me any questions you have about the Vyn-All cover.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Ted,

thanks for your feedback. i've read lots of your posts here in the past. you're not my installer, someone in metro west boston is doing it. i am looking at the sunblock.

thanks again,

Rich
    Pac-Fab Multiport valve
    Hayward SP1600