This my first issue ever with the pool. I guess I've been lucky. I've got this green substance that appears overnight on the pool bottom. The water looks clear, but after I vacuum it gets a little cloudy. I'm thinking we had an outbreak of algae due to the very warm weather. I don't have a good test kit, but I know my FC is between 9 and 10, and TA and PH are a little low, which I'm dealing with now, and CYA is between 40 and 50. I raised the FC a bit yesterday to try and kill off any algae. It was around 6 yesterday. What's my best strategy here? Should I shock or go get some algaecide from the pool store?
I have not switched to BBB yet just because I'm using up existing bac-paks. Could this green stuff be metals in the water from the Aquasmart?
Also...Once I switch to BBB, can I still use pool store shock. I have about a 2 years supply that I bought cheap from a neighbor last winter.