Cover sinks into pool every year

Jul 11, 2010
I've had my house for 9 years and every single year, after the pool thaws in the spring, the pool cover sinks into the pool. I can never find a hole anywhere and replacing the cover every year is getting old...

Why not buy a mess of PVC pipe and some fittings and build a little pyramid that sits in the pool and makes the cover drain? I've never lived anywhere that freezes up in the winter, so there may be some reason not to; if so, I'm sure someone will point out the drawbacks.

bk406 said:
Have you ever used an air pillow? They are supposed to work.

Not sure about the PVC idea. I'm not sure I would want something like that sitting on a vinyl liner all winter. It might be ok, might not.

Two years ago I bought 2 air pillows. After the pool thawed, the cover sank and I found out both air pillows had popped.

My local pool store claimed that I need to pump the water off the cover after every rain storm. I asked him if that was the case, what the heck was I supposed to do with all the snow on the cover? He didn't know what to say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.