Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about posting links

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about posting links

I'm not sure I know how to ask this but here goes. When you post a link, how do you make the link appear as here
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about posting links

You use the url command. When you enter it, it should look like:Which shows up in the post as: http://www.troublefreepool.com/index.html
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Lynn

I use the here.

You can simply copy and paste the address to make it show up as Jason posted, without using the [url] option
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Ted

question-about-posting-links-t24988.html

I know how to copy and paste, like I did above. But how do you make all the jibberish above appear as just the word here. I've seen posts where all you clicked on was the word here and it took you to the link.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

5. Back To Top    #5

You mean like this?

here

Select url and then:
    add your title here

For your purposes, the 'add your title here' part will be the word 'here'.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

here

I think I've got it Only took me about 30 attempts
    Thanks sooooo much
    Lynn

7. Back To Top    #7

Lynn, congrats both on figuring out the linking and

on YOUR 500th POST

We all value you as a member here
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow Ted. I had no idea I had that many posts That's what happens when one has soooooo many questions to ask Maybe one day I can start answering more than asking. You guys are the greatest
    Lynn