Bestway Flowclear Hydro-Force Chlorinator ???

tctr13

Jul 15, 2010
anyone heard of this?

went to Canadian Tire to pick up the Intex SWG but this was on the shelf in it's place...

all the stats on the CT website are word for word on the side of this Bestway chlorinator...

24g/hr chlorine production as opposed to 12 for the 2010 Intex...

was going to use it for our first 18'x4' AGP -- 3/4hp pump and 200lb sand filter...

definitely sold on the idea of using a SWG after spending the past few days pouring over this forum...

thx for any input...

:)

thx for the "welcome"...

I picked it up --- my wife is getting VERY impatient with this very warm southern Ontario summer... :)

lol... it's not even full yet and she's in it with the kids and a couple of their friends...

ya, i noticed most of the google links for this thing point to european sites too...

should have it running in the next few days...

--- update --- if anyone's interested... :)

my experience so far with this swg that hardly anyone has heard of :)...

filled pool up, dumped 4 bags of salt, a small pail of CYA and a bunch 'o shock as per the ppl @ The Poole Shoppe...

3 days later brought sample in and readings were

cl - 3
ph - 7.1
ta - 105
cya - 60
salt 3300

told to add 40g of "ph up"... was free -- nice ppl :)

been leaving pump on for 7hrs a night and swg for 2...

3 weeks later, just this past wednesday brought in another sample...

also added about 3inches of fresh water...

cl - 1
ph - 7.4
ta - 125
cya - 40
salt - 3300

told to add 600 (grams maybe? lol) cya and i'm going to start leaving the swg on for 4hrs per night...

I'd like to give this thread a bump:

Hey tctR13, here's hoping you're still active on this site!! I am very interested in how your experience has been with this chlorinator. It's been over a year since you purchased it, and I am wondering if it's still doing the job for you. Any problems or quirks. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
GC

before the end of its first season the lights -- on the side that you set the timer -- stopped working, the unit continued to function fine...

kept outdoors for the summer and stored in our basement for the winter...

in the second season (6wks into this past summer) it stopped generating altogether...

the plates were absolutely CAKED with what looked like salt -- i didn't taste it :) -- i soaked it in vinegar and then used high pressure water to remove most of the 'stuff'...

could just be a coincidence but we had a somewhat bad algae growth happen just before this -- HUGE thanks to this site on how to deal with the algae btw...

unfortunately i missed the warranty date by just 2 weeks...

Hello again,
@tctr13: How's the chlorinator working? I now have 2 of them. The second one will be hooked up when I open the pool this year. As for the first one, it seems to chlorinate fine. It's just that I cannot get it to kick in at the same time every day unless I keep my pump running 24 hours a day. If I set my pump to run for anything less than 24 hours, as soon as the pump cuts out the chlorine generator senses no flow and will not start up again without a reset. I phoned the company about it and they've sent a new one. I am expecting the same problem! Have you experienced this?
GC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
too early to tell how or if it's going to work this year, still getting down to zero or less at night here. :)

i kept it powered (plugged in separate from the pump timer) around the clock with it generating chlorine for 4-6 hours every night right in the middle of when the pump was scheduled to run 8-10 hours per night.

the timer starts when u begin generating, goes as long as you set the VERY simplistic timer in 2 hour intervals and repeats every 24hrs as long as it hasn't lost power.

you don't have the pump and generator on the same timer do you?

That is what I TRIED to set up as well. I would have the pump run for 6 hours a day, and have the generator set to come on about an hour after the pump starts, and shut off 4 hours later. But it would never work. If I kept the pump running it would work fine. Hopefully this new one will work as yours does. Keep me posted on yours as if yours works again this summer then it's not a bad deal for the price hey.

GC

Hello again,
@tctr13: How's the chlorinator working? I now have 2 of them. The second one will be hooked up when I open the pool this year. As for the first one, it seems to chlorinate fine. It's just that I cannot get it to kick in at the same time every day unless I keep my pump running 24 hours a day. If I set my pump to run for anything less than 24 hours, as soon as the pump cuts out the chlorine generator senses no flow and will not start up again without a reset. I phoned the company about it and they've sent a new one. I am expecting the same problem! Have you experienced this?
GC

Hey, Did you ever get that problem sorted with the timer on your Bestway chlorinator? I'm having the same problem. It seems to lose however many hours you run it for every day (start at 7pm for 2hrs one day, next day it starts up at 5pm). This is a problem, as I have my pump set to come on for the same 4 hrs every day and can't program it to adjust by 2 hours every day.

Thanks for the help - hope you can!

Duncs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.