Maximum water level for a vinyl pool

kenmar

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2009
Schnecksville, PA
Hi All,

One week ago (during a major 100+ deg heat wave), I was adding water daily, now we have had 3 days of rain.
One of those rain events dumped 5.67" of rain.
I have already dumped water once (to bring the water level to the middle of the skimmers.)
Today, after more rain, the pool water level is again above the top of the skimmer window frame.
The water is still ~2" below the liner bead.
I HATE DUMPING WATER (especially in the middle of July.)
My questions:
How safely can I let my water rise?
What could happen if I let it rise above the top of the liner (the bead where it fits into the slot)?

Note, I know my skimmers are not doing much now with the water so high... but I HATE DUMPING WATER!

*Edit to fix spelling error

Your skimmers body has to parts and sometimes they aren't sealed together so water can leak out once it gets to the collar. I don't think I've seen a pools water get past the bead. If the water got past the bead it would probably seep slowly behind the liner. You don't want that. Just waste the water or give your system a good backwashing. Vacuuming on waste will give you better suction too

Sounds like if you get another rain, it's gonna dump itself! I would err on the side of good filtration ans skimming and controlling where that "extra" water is gonna go.

Actually, I am not to worried about the water table (or the liner floating). I live on top of a hill, pretty much the highest point in the neighborhood. Additionally, my soil is very rocky and drains water like a strainer. Also, there was never any water in the pool hole (when it was under construction)... and that hole was open for a year befie they finished the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.