Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool deep end use what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool deep end use what?

I was wondering for those who made or had someone make a deep end in a round pool what did they use? I am stuck use a small skid loader or a mini excavator? What would work the best? I can only get a little over half way around the pool .
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool deep end use what?

Don't underestimate the power of a group of teen age boys with shovels.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

ya if I knew any.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a daughter and know too many! I don't think ONE of them knows what work is though---hard work that is.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    I have a daughter and know too many!
    Looking to build a new POOL

6. Back To Top    #6

I take it no one has a real answer this site is going down hill for me seems like I have a hard time getting answers lately.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, you posted at 7:30 last night and expect answers to a very specific question that not alot of folks do with a round abg by 8:30 the next morning. I think a little patience might get you better results.
    Mona SE MN
    24' round 48" high AG
    Meteor Sand Filter
    1.5 HP pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Say what you will lately I have been having a hard time getting answers. I guess I am asking the wrong questions.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

9. Back To Top    #9

I think it's too specific for most people to comment on. If you look at the people here that have a round AGP with a deep end then take all the ones that only used a bobcat or an excavator, AND only had access half way around the pool, you're not going to have many left. Even the professionals (who are out putting in pools) most likely won't have experience with that particular set of circumstances.

Sorry, I really wish someone could help you out but it's not likely.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

well I would do a search but about everyother time I back click to the search findings I have to log back in. Use aol mainly but have had the same results in IE 8. Wasn't asking for people who use those things but a group of teens come on you think that is a serious answer. For the most part I see alot of work being done with a skid loader on the site but didn't know if anyone had one built or did a DIY deep end with a mini excavator. Ok then here is another what would be a good starting point for sand amount for a flat no deep end 24' pool with foam cove?
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

11. Back To Top    #11

I will defend that yes a group of teenagers is a serious answer, my 20x40 foot inground pool was dug by hand by a group of highschool and college aged teenagers (summer jobs) working with minimal adult supervision. The pool went from ground breaking to filling with water in under 7 days, of course that was 30 years ago, and it is harder to find teenagers willing to do labor now, but your also talking about a much smaller job.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

12. Back To Top    #12

Try this link: http://www.arthurspools.com/exliner.htm
    Our pool is an oval and we referenced this site a bunch through the process, but it will give you a pictorial of how this is accomplished. We rented a bobcat excavator to dig our main hole, but the deep end was fine tuned with a good ole shovel plus a little sweat and blood of our own.

Good luck
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried