Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much bleach to reach shock level?

1. Back To Top    #1

Charlotte NC

How much bleach to reach shock level?

Not to sure how to convert ppm's into gallons of bleach.I understand bleach is less corrosive
    to use than dichlor(way more convenient size wise). The pool calculator tells you what level
    in ppm's, how do I convert that into how many gallons of bleach I need to get. Ive got algae
    and calculator says bring it up to 10ppms.As soon as I get a response I'm off to Wal-Mart.
    16x34 kidney shape 19,000 gal vinyl IG
    Pentair IC-20 SWG
    Pentair sand filter
    Pentair 1HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Indialantic, FL

Re: How much bleach to reach shock level?

If you hover your mouse over the result in the pool calculator it will tell you how much in differing units.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: How much bleach to reach shock level?

The "Target" column should be set to be 10 ppm higher than the "Now" column and you will then see the volume of bleach assuming you set the % and the jug size. As was noted above, you can convert the ounces into gallons or jugs by hovering the mouse over the "### oz" field right after the "Add".
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"