Soda Ash, Clearing my cloudy Intex?

Jul 14, 2010
I need some help, I got really bad advise from a pool store, my ph was 7.2 and they advised me to add 3.8 lbs of soda ash, has anyone had this issue ? Now my pool is cloudy and the soda ash just settles to the bottom. I bought some Fiber Clear and put it in the filter about an hour ago, will see what happens. Does anyone know how to speed up getting the soda ash to dissovle ?

Thanks !!!! :grrrr:

That was bad advice they gave you.

I'd recommend you drain it and start over - if the ph was 7.2 that much soda ash would raise the PH way too high now, and raise the TA by over 100. Where did your PH end up?

How are you testing the water?

I'd drain it, and then follow the instructions in this article:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

Thinks are getting better. I had water tested and levels are good, its amazing but the PH is 7.6. The Fiber Clear has definately helped, I sprinkle about 1/4 cup on the filter, run for about 4 to 5 hours, rinse, and reapply and it is catching a lot of stuff. Brusing has helped also. Still cloudy, but we can see to the bottom. Also running filter 20 out of every 24 hours. I took the skimmer off, so the intake gets the water under the surface, that helps too. I am going to go through the pool school. I also sent an e-mail to the corp office of the pool store, received a response back apologizing and thanking me for speaking up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.