This is my first summer with the pool. It had sat for two years without being open. It took me about a month or so earlier in the year to get it clear. Now it is getting hot and I cant use the pool because it is as green now as it was when I took the cover off (well almost).
I have kept the FC above 10 now for over two weeks straight with no signs of improvement. I am at a loss. I was under the impression that if you kept Chlorine in a pool that algae will not survive.
Can bleach not kill algae but still show FC on test readings? Because with my test I do not show the algae eating the chlorine and the pool is still green so the algae is not dieing.
I need some thoughts and advice please.
My pool:24000 in-ground vinyl liner pool approximately 10 yrs old
Pool chemicals: BBB
My pump & filter:Haywood 1 hp pump and sand filter s 200