Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not too happy with my blue diamond and Aquatron right now...

1. Back To Top    #1

Not too happy with my blue diamond and Aquatron right now...

Hi All,

I've been a huge fan of the Blue Diamond have have sung its praises for years. Sadly, I have to say I am not too pleased right now.

About a month ago my Blue Diamond quit. It didn't turn on at all. No big deal, its still under warranty so I send it back. I finally get it back and drop it in the pool and the actual pump itself works but the unit doesn't roam the pool. It just sits there. I call Watertech and they pick it up again and send it back. The invoice says nothing was wrong and works fine. This was strange because I KNOW it wasn't working when I sent it back.

I drop it back in the pool today and guess what? IT DOES THE SAME THING!!!!!! I'm p!ssed right now. I can only use my pool 3-4 months out of the year and this cleaner has been tied up for a month of that time. I paid $1400 to not have to manually vacuum my pool and what am I doing? Manually vacuuming my pool! I'm tired of boxing this thing up and want to call and tell them just to send me a new one. This is BS.

Any advice?

15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not too happy with my blue diamond and Aquatron right now...

There is another thread on troubleshooting a BD, a few of us have had similar experiences. As for advise, keep on them to get it fixed right. Mine only worked twice correctly in over a year but I am finally getting a new motor. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I did have a similar experience where the warranty shop could not duplicate my problem. These things happen although we wish they did not.
    24' AGP (13,600 gal)
    Sand Filter with 1.5hp pump
    Lancaster, PA