Pentair easytouch Install help-

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
I need some help with finalizing the install of my Easytouch4 system. Boy is it just me or does the manual suck?
All is installed low voltage relay for intellibrite lights, intellipro pump via serial cable, temp sensors, actuators -- JUST need to know;

What size circuit breaker I should use to connect from the Power source to the Control Panel Transformer (Purple, yellow wires).?

I assume you need a dedicated breaker to connect the power to the TRANSFORMER. I am running a 220V pump and 20Amp GFCI breaker for this and a 15 Amp breaker for three Intellibrite 120v lights. The main circuit is 100Amp from the house.

So do I use a standard GE 20AMP 220V duel pole breaker to connect to the transformer?? The panel is located indoors.

Also any other ideas on getting this installed properly would be appreciated. My pool is up and running and just trying to get the basic automation working.

Only want to use system for 1- Pump 2-Spa 3- Lights and 4-deck Jets.

Thanks

Blake

Thank you.

It's getting late here for me so stupid questions. My pump is 220 and is direct wired so I expect that I can use a 110V 15amp breaker for this transformer and be done.

Am I missing anything, I will be installing an intellicolor system but again that will be directly wired from the breaker as well and can be rewired for 110V.

Blake

You can use a 120 volt breaker as long as you wire the Easy Touch transformer correctly for 120 volts, there is a diagram for the transformer wiring right on the inside of the cover of the Easy Touch .

I'm not an electrician, but if yellow is line on a 220, I wouldn't make it ground on a 120. That seems sort of dangerous to me, but like I said I'm not an electrician. It would seem to my pea-brain to just not use the terminal at all.

I think I was just over analyzing.

Simple connection that is not explanined in the manual or diagram very well.

You only use the Black and Purble wire for the 120V connection to the transformer. They yellow is terminated. The transformer is grounded to the box. I used a 15Amp CB just for the low voltage transformer. When I go to the elect supply house I will get a 10Amp CB. It only takes 2 amps to run.

Also will be installing a inline surge supressor for the transformer and low voltage circuits. Found two on ebay for $10 w/ shiping. Very high quality Rockwell brand-- just to make sure I don't fry the transformer or low voltage relays. Also surges will reduce the life of the relays. The unit should have one integrated-- and dont get me going on the criptic programming of circuits and names AND the manual that must of been written by someone that must have never seen a real pool...

Otherwise all is good.

I think you got it. And yes, the manual is horrible. Mine is connected to 240V via the pump dipole breaker (20 amp). IOW, when you shut the pump down via the breaker, the Easytouch box goes down too. Pool light and convenience outlet go to separate 15 amp breakers.

I recently have been experimenting with some stuff and I found I have 58v at my relays when I probe them, rather than 24v.. I checked the low voltage transformer wiring and it seems like its wired for 120v (yellow wire is terminated). Should this give me cause for alarm?

4door,

I suggest you quit probing, as it will cause you to go blind. :)

No offense, but it much more likely that you have a testing error rather than an actual EashTouch issue. As you noted, the voltage should be about 24 VDC. I just checked mine and looking across the coil wires, I get 25 VDC when the relay is energized and zero when off. Don't' know for sure, but I would I think in order for you to be seeing 58 volts your EasyTouch would have other obvious signs of failure. My Control Transformer is set up to run on 120 VAC, and just like yours, has the yellow lead capped off.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.