Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: replacing beaded liner

1. Back To Top    #1

replacing beaded liner

I have replaced my beaded liner, twice, 3 or 4 inches and the liner collapses, I say it's because I need to redo my cove my husband complains the liner isn't big enough although it goes easily all the way around the pool, but he says that the liner doesn't touch the sides of the pools, please help me.
    Bill Long
    Jack of all trades / Master of none
    14,000 gal. 34'X12' gunite w/SunStone quartz aggregate plaster, Hayward 425sf cartridge filter, IntelliFlo VS-3050 pump, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWCG, EasyTouch controller, Polaris 280 cleaner (w/booster), Rheem 5350 heat pump, PoolSkim

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: replacing beaded liner

Are you reattaching the top rail? That adds support. You may have removed it during the liner installation
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd recommend reworking your cove if it even looks like it needs it.

It sounds like the bead isn't locking into the bead carrier. Have you actually measured you pool to make sure it's the size you think it is?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have measured the height of the pool and according to everyone it is correct so last night I measured the diameter (folded pool in half and measured only the diameter of the round circle it was only 31 1/2 foot it doesn't make since that it would fit a 33 foot pool
    Bill Long
    Jack of all trades / Master of none
    14,000 gal. 34'X12' gunite w/SunStone quartz aggregate plaster, Hayward 425sf cartridge filter, IntelliFlo VS-3050 pump, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWCG, EasyTouch controller, Polaris 280 cleaner (w/booster), Rheem 5350 heat pump, PoolSkim