Test Lit Question

DougR

Jul 13, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Since I have a Leslie's in my town, I would like to get a test kit there rather than wait for a TF-100 to be sent (I have an algae problem and need to get CL up to 25). The only problem is it appears the Leslie's DPD kit only measures CL up to 5 ppm. Am I looking at the wrong kit -- do they have one that measures CL at higher levels? Or should I wait for a TF-100? If I should wait, is there a way to measure CL up until that time?

Thanks for the help!

I would personally wait to get the TF-100, but if you choose not to and get a Taylor kit at Leslie's, you can dilute the water sample by 5:1 with water you know does not have chlorine in it. That may be a bit tricky without a graduated cylinder (you get 2 in the TF-100 :wink: ) but just getting in the ballpark should be fine as you don't need to be exact with chlorine.

The kit you're looking at is the K-2005. You need either the K-2006 or the TF-100 kit. You'll never be happy with the K-2005. I'd personally order the TF-100 and wait for it.

As the poster above said you can dilute the pool water sample with chlorine free water but past 4 parts it gets too inaccurate to be useful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.