Raising CH

Welcome to TFP.

When asking a question especially about a particular chemical please post a set of test results an how you got them. And since you're asking where, you should also include your location.

This is because we don't like giving blind advice and you may not even need more CH in your water. Also If I lived in Canada and you lived in Mexico telling you where I buy pool stuff will do you no good.

Bama Rambler said:
When asking a question especially about a particular chemical please post a set of test results
Good point, I thought about that later. I have a 24k gallon white plaster pool. I live in coastal southern california, and have a couple of water features that aerate the water while the pump is running. My pH rises pretty fast, so I need to add MA regularly.

I have a Taylor k-2006 test kit. Here are my latest results:

FC: 4.5
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 70
CH: 250
CYA: 35

I was thinking about getting the CH up to 300 and leaving my TA where it is at.

Thanks!

By your screen name I have a pretty good idea where you are located (or at least a good guess!). If I am correct, I'd leave it alone. Trust me; it will come up all by itself!

Welcome to the 'page!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
salp said:
What is your current CSI #'s?
It's at about -0.3 right now. My pool is about 10 years old. My fill pH is over 8, plus with all the aeration, adding MA is a regular part of my pool maintenance.

I wanted to add CH to get the CSI closer to 0. I don't want to add TA since my pool already has a problem with consistently rising pH and higher TA levels only encourages pH to rise. MA tends to lower TA, so I may have to adjust it higher from time to time.

simicrintz said:
By your screen name I have a pretty good idea where you are located (or at least a good guess!). If I am correct, I'd leave it alone. Trust me; it will come up all by itself!

I do have to work on my profile. I'm sure you're right about the water, I'm probably over thinking it. Just thought I'd try to hone in on zero for my CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.