New pool owner here. Added a pool this Spring (2010). Lots of work, but kids are happy, hence don't mind the sweat. I'm worried about making a mistake and dealing with issues. Very little help from the pool builder.
This is my first post and, from what I have read, I know I'm likely to have more posts in the near future.
This one concerns the plaster.
I brushed reasonably diligently during the first 3+ weeks. Wasn't really told what to worry about or pay attention too. Balanced the water reasonably quickly (Aquacheck 7 strips and Leslie's), except for low chlorine.
Started using Polaris and thought it was doing a poor job today when I saw some smallish dirt on the floor in the shallow area. Upon closer examination, I realized that while some of it was dirt, some was something else. I spend a good time diving and inspecting the floor.
I saw a few things that concern me:
1. discolored (grey/white) spots, kind of bubbly… about 0.5" diameter, not necessarily round – smooth to touch.
2. black spots – round as well as a free shape, one look like a thin line, almost like the piece of dirt or straw somehow got embedded into plaster – smooth to touch. Size varies mostly 0.125” – 0.25”
3. one yellow round spot size 0.25” diameter
4. also on rough area – maybe 8-10” in diameter near the steps
5. clusters of white crystal - a term I saw, that might apply - "calcium nodules"
Not like the whole floor is a mess, just a few of each, but #1-2 is noticeble. #4 and #5 caused blisters and some blood on children's toes.
Now, I'm trying to reach the builder (a major pool company), but expect little help. Any comment/suggestion is greatly appreciated. I have purchased Poolstone block pers suggestion from the pool company person when I asked about 5. above. Only discovered 1-4 yesterday.
Thanks in advance!
21K gal, shortcrete/plaster, ?? pump, ?? DH filter, Using a duck as a chlorine dispenser, ?? Zodiac system, Polaris 360.