Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repulsive Or Just Plain RUDE???

1. Back To Top    #1

Repulsive Or Just Plain RUDE???

My hubby's friend comes over and washes his face in my pool every single time and quite frankly, it pisses me off!

The last time he had his baby with him and wanted to put him in right after a SUPER SHOCKING and I yelled NO because I just added a good bit of chlorine and then he washed his head and face in my pool after putting the boy down.

Does anyone find this as discusting as I do? Or am I being a little anal. I mean if he wanted to swim it'd all be the same but he doesn't swim in it, just bathes off the gunge...

<shivers>
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    1 vote for plain rude!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, I'm on the fence. I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think it would bother me. If the guy is ending an 8 hour day after landscaping that would be a different story.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4
    He is washing his sweaty grimey head and face off over top of my pool every time he comes over.
    That just seems YUCK to me.

5. Back To Top    #5
    kinda yuck, but is it any worse that sitting on the deck and dangling your stinky feet in?? I don't think so...

Still, it is odd. At least you expect to see people with their feet in the water!!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    MaMaG, Nice pool and deck! Sounds like DH's friend is maybe just really hot? It would not bother me, but I grew up w/2 brothers, have kids and grands. A head-dipping-rubbing-splashing thingie would be amoung the least of my worries.....as long as he didn't take a bar of soap with him! After all, I got BBB! Take care and enjoy your new pool!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Its interesting that his face is so dirty that he feels the need to wash it in your pool, but he doesn't bother to wash his dirty face before he leaves home to go visiting.

I don't think his mama raised him right.

8. Back To Top    #8

I wouldn't worry about your husbands friend. We let our dogs in the pool and what do you think they're doing all day long?

But, a little bit if stuff called Party Pool, before he comes over. It's a dye that you can get in blue, orange, green, and a few other colors. He'll come out looking like a smurf!
    Maybe bump him in fully clothed next time he stoops over to wash off?
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

9. Back To Top    #9
    Thanks guys!

I dunno. Maybe I just have it out for him because it wouldn't bother me if it were my dad, hubby, brother or son. Maybe because they're related.

Oh well. Thanks again!

10. Back To Top    #10
    I would say something if it bothered me - its your pool, you maintain it. "hey man, get a bathtub" or something like that. People KNOW I'm anal about my pool....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Hey Sean:

Is that pool party stuff toxic? will it stick to your skin? I think a neighbor uses it to make his water look greenish.

How long will it stay in the water?

12. Back To Top    #12
    Hey, maybe invite him for a swim... then he can rinse first, if that is your policy!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

13. Back To Top    #13

pooladdict,

It is non toxic. There's a dosage that you're suppose to follow. A coworker added a bit too much, right before Halloween and his kids went swimming, not realizing that the pool was a little MORE blue than normal. They literally came out about the tint of blue snurfs! It took about 4-5 days to scrub them clean again.
    I wish they would have taken photos!
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by pooladdict
    Hey Sean:

Is that pool party stuff toxic? will it stick to your skin? I think a neighbor uses it to make his water look greenish.

How long will it stay in the water?
    LOL! Greenish? You sure that isn't algae or copper? I think green would be the last color I'd choose in those party tints.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

In the Industry

I am not sure what it is, but we all know we wouldnt swim in a green pool. He went away for a week, it turned the color of dark grass, we all were giggling, thinking now he is in for it, but within one day he had it back to his aqua color. I was positive it was an Algae Bloom. Not so sure now.

16. Back To Top    #16
    MamaG - Next time he's over, just casually say to him after he washes:
    "Would you please STOP doing that, the last time you did it I had a **** of a time getting rid of the Algae bloom that formed."

Really though, he's probably doing that to refresh himself, I can see some people just doing that, but I'd push him in.....

17. Back To Top    #17

Tell him where your bathroom is and give him a wash cloth and towel....
    or
    Ask him where his trunks are and if he actually plans on gettin in
    -Rachel

No pool yet...doing massive research!

18. Back To Top    #18
    My husband dunks his head under and burbbles up. It seems to be something men do. I'm not sure why. It's like it clears their head I too duck under, come up and wipe the water off my face. It's very refreshing. I do know what you are talking about though, but I wouldn't have until I was taking care of a pool.
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.