After Soda Ash, when can we swim?

Apr 14, 2010
I'm having a hard time keeping my Ph up, this morning it was down to 7.2 so I added 2 1/4 cups Soda ash around lunchtime. Now the sun has appeared and my 6 year-old is asking to swim. When is it safe?

Current numbers:

FC - 6.5
CC - .05
Ph - 7.2
TA - 70 (will recheck after I retest Ph)
CYA - 70
Pool temp - 88 :shock:

Thanks for the quick response! We bought the house in November and it came with a ton of trichlor pucks. Our pool is in full sun all day long, so we consciously chose to alternate pucks with liquid bleach until we got the CYA level to 70....now it's back to bleach for us!

This site has been an incredible resource - the pool was a swamp with a broken filter when we moved in. If you had told me then that we would be able to run it this first season without the assistance of a pool company, I would have laughed. Now, not only are we handling the pool ourselves, we're saving tons of money on chemicals! Thank you TFP!!!

Our pool is in full sun all day long, so we consciously chose to alternate pucks with liquid bleach until we got the CYA level to 70....now it's back to bleach for us!
That's BBB.....nice work! (next year, I would suggest CYA max 60 but 70 is very doable if you're running your FC 5-8ppm.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.