Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I'm curious how folks dispose of their water samples after testing with the liquid test kits. I have a TF-100 test kit and noticed the warning labels on every bottle, mostly warning against contact with skin or clothing. Is it safe to be throwing my tested samples down the kitchen drain - into a septic system?

I realize there are minor amounts of each reagent used during each test, but I'm concerned about the cumulative effect after weeks of dumping test samples down the drain. Is this safe for my septic system?

Thanks,
Tim

I have a little cutout in the concrete filled with gravel where my sprinkler controls come up out of the ground. That's where I dump my samples. If the stuff is really nasty, all it's gonna kill is weeds I don't want anyway.

I think the warnings are there because some of the reagents are weak acids.

There is a thread about this very thing going on now. I toss it in the yard if I'm testing outside or if I'm testing inside I pour it down the drain. There's such a small amount compared to the amount of water poured down the drain that even after years of pouring it down the drain it wouldn't be detectable.

I dump mine back in my pool! I figure that my pool is so easy to take care of now that if it does anything "bad" then I have a challenge that I get to deal with!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.