Overfilled pool HELP

Jul 12, 2010
I've got a 20,000 gallon in ground pool. The water level had gotten low in my pool so I filled the pool but forgot I left the hose on so it over filled. It over flowed slightly onto the deck. I live in Arizona so it's obviously very hot right now over here. Just wondering what the best way to go about getting some of the water out is? Should I rent a sump pump and just take the water out that way or would it be alright to just let the heat evaporate the water? Also can I run my filter when the pool is overfilled like this or would that be dangerous? Thanks for the help.

Just let it evaporate. Your skimmer may not catch as much debris as it usually does until the water level drops a couple of inches, but it won't hurt anything. Be sure you test your water and balance it as needed.

To backwash there's just a black handle I pull up then turn on the filter and water comes out a hose. Could I just leave this running for a bit to get some water out of the pool or would this not be advisable? Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.