Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maximum temperature for plaster install

1. Back To Top    #1

Maximum temperature for plaster install

I'm supposed to have Wet Edge Primera installed later this week but temps look to be around 100. Can they install when it's that hot? What's the max temp an install should occur at? Especially concerned as the Primera is a 2 day install.
    20'x34' gunite pool, 7' raised spa, Wet Edge Primera, VS3050 pump, 2x whisperflo pump for water features and in-floor cleaner, CC520 Cartridge filter, Pentair 400k btu heater, Intellichlor IC40, Paramount PV3, Easytouch8

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maximum temperature for plaster install

You should be fine. While cooler temps would be "better", there is so much rock in that product that the exposure of the plaster is minimal. Pools get plastered all the time in the heat (I'm in San Diego County, and we do work in Palm Desert, Borrego Springs, and other hot areas similar to you), and they do just fine.

Now quit worrying and start envisioning all the fun your going to have in your new pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Maximum temperature for plaster install

Ok Bruce, you got it. My better half tells me the same thing.

I'll raise a glass to all you fine folks when I jump in the first time!
    20'x34' gunite pool, 7' raised spa, Wet Edge Primera, VS3050 pump, 2x whisperflo pump for water features and in-floor cleaner, CC520 Cartridge filter, Pentair 400k btu heater, Intellichlor IC40, Paramount PV3, Easytouch8