Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need online parts supplier for A.O.Smith motor parts

1. Back To Top    #1

need online parts supplier for A.O.Smith motor parts

I've got a Hayward Power Flo, SP125J pump with an A. O. Smith motor. Model S48L2A6, SP-1510-Z1-XE. I need to replace the stationary switch as the plastic seems to have worn and doesn't make contact with the shaft (which makes the two electric contacts connect) to allow the motor to start. It was just worn to the point that a layer or three of duct tape make up enough thickness to allow it to work until I get a replacement.
    Also, the motor is running hotter than normal, making a little more noise as well. I'd like to replace the bearings while I'm at it.
    However, I can't find the parts online. Can anyone recommend a source? Of course there needs to be a parts diagram available on the site so that I can determine the part number.
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need online parts supplier for A.O.Smith motor parts

Try this link to start. The bearings are listed at the bottom of the page.

http://www.poolcenter.com/motor_parts.htm
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Nice site, lots of good information. They've got the bearings. Still looking for the switch. It might be there somewhere, still looking.

4. Back To Top    #4

You can do a search for pool motor parts and several places sell the start switches for your motor.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit