Am I reading the color change in the TA & CH test Correctly?

May 11, 2010
I own the Taylor K-2006. I still occasionally take my water to the pool store to have them test it. Needless to say, they are always way off of my weekly readings that don't fluctuate much. I guess everyone reads results differently. I believe that I am right but I still have a question to make sure I am reading a few tests correctly:

How do you judge when the color changes? With the Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, there seems to be a point that the color you are looking for shows up. I add another drop and it changes to that color a little more. I add another and it changes again. At this point, I can keep adding drops and it does not seem to make a difference.

Which one do I go with?? When it first changes or a few drops later when it hits that stable color????? Don't rake my over the coals too bad for asking. I am a little color blind and do my best :wink:

samo615 said:
I own the Taylor K-2006. I still occasionally take my water to the pool store to have them test it. Needless to say, they are always way off of my weekly readings that don't fluctuate much. I guess everyone reads results differently. I believe that I am right but I still have a question to make sure I am reading a few tests correctly:

How do you judge when the color changes? With the Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, there seems to be a point that the color you are looking for shows up. I add another drop and it changes to that color a little more. I add another and it changes again. At this point, I can keep adding drops and it does not seem to make a difference.

Which one do I go with?? When it first changes or a few drops later when it hits that stable color????? Don't rake my over the coals too bad for asking. I am a little color blind and do my best :wink:
The drop that gets no change doesn't count. Everything before it does. Capiche?

Meaning you add 16 and it starts to turn, at 18 it still changed, but 19 did nothing, 18 is your count.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.