ok I keep seeing people say when your pool gets that chlorine-y smell it is time to shock.
It will be a few weeks maybe longer before I can get either a CC tester or a FC tester, so that leads me to my question.
How much of a smell are we talking about. I can smell chlorine when I'm in the pool but I think thats normal.
If I'm 10-15 feet away on my deck I can't smell it even with the wind blowing off the pool and towards me.
So If my CCs where 0.5 or higher would it be a much more noticeable smell?