Should have...?

garyt

Jul 11, 2010
Hello,

We are going with a fiberglass pool and have made our selection on an installer. I have range of 30-35K but would like to know what those with existing pools would have or should have done differently at the time of the install? Any features you wish you would have added? Any that you did add that you don't feel was worth the extra cost?

Put the pressure side cleaner connector on the deep end so the cleaner sinks out of the way when not in use.

Oversize plumbing (pipe diameter) yes!

Put 2 returns over every step or tanning ledge to help clean them.

Add one extra return on the deep end about half way down for better water circulation and reduced stratification.

If it works for your climate buy a heat pump for heater or add solar (extra solar).

Great topic!

We just completed our fiberglass install and here is what I wish we would have done.

- Waterline tile
- Some sort of water feature

We have Leisure Moroccan 38 and our builder offered a small waterfall that looked like a thin slit that would have looked great where my pool curves in. He wanted $650 and by that time we were so over budget that I could not tolerate the additional expense. Same for the tile. Looking back, I really wish we bit the bullet and did them both.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.