Ready to switch from Aquapure to Autopilot

I've had nothing but trouble with my Aquapure 1400. Over the last 5 years both the front and back boards have failed as well as a sensor. Each of these were replaced in turn and the unit worked fine until the next item failed. I have also replaced a worn out 2-port cell with the new 3-port cell.

The newest problem is that, although the cell is producing chlorine, I'm getting an intermitent flow sensor error 180/172 and the unit keeps shutting down to 'wait' mode by itself. The cell has no scale and the sensor is clean. I suspect some kind of electrical problem and that a board is about to blow.

Rather than keep throwing more money at this system, I'm considering a change. Reading through posts here, I'm considering a switch to Autopilot. Does anyone here have any comments on such a switch? Will there be any issues integrating the Autopilot with my existing control systems?

Current chemistry:
FC 4.0
CC 0.2
pH 7.5
TA 110
CH 330
CYA 60
salt 3000
temp 83 deg

Welcome to TFP!

Most of the AutoPilot units don't integrate with the Jandy controller. Only the Total Control has the option to directly interface. That doesn't need to be more than a very minor disadvantage. Normally you just wire the AutoPilot unit to come on when the pump is on and then set the percentage from the AutoPilot control panel.

The install is fairly straight forward, a little plumbing, and a little electrical work, nothing major.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.