email note revisited

On the upper left corner under the TFP logo, User Control Panel is where you enter your email information. To subscribe to a thread, click on the thread. On the left side underneath the Post Reply box click on Subscribe Topic. You should then receive a notification of any new posts to that thread.

Ohm thank you for that clarification also as I had assumed--evidently mistakenly--that one automatically subscribed by starting or appending to a thread as with other board sites of this sort. Can I conclude then if I wish to receive email notice that I must first click on that link before accessing Edit where I can then request it

I'll have to defer to others for that one, as I haven't used it. ;)
But while you're tooling around in the User Control Panel, you can find an option to receive notifications when replies are posted to your topics.... it is off by default.

"...User Control Panel, you can find an option to receive notifications..."

Thank you Ohm that's what I've been looking for but there are dozens of sub-links in UCP so if you could advise which one to click on I'd be much obliged--Thank you most kindly

By the way you indicate that notification is off by default but once I've turned it on does it stay on or do I have to reestablish it ever time I sign on

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.