July 4th weekend I (don't ask how) dumped a skillet of mushrooms and garlic sauted in butter into a sparkling clean pool. Ouch right? Well...grabbed the net and got all the big stuff out pretty quickly, vac'd what went to the bottom and it looked pretty good....until dark and the lights came on. There was an oil slick bigger than the Gulf. Panic set in (company coming next day) so I grabbed a 1.5 gallon bleach and dumped it in along with about 12 oz muriatic acid (seemed like the right thing to do after a 1.5L bottle of Merlot). By morning, with the help of an overnight rain the pool was again sparkling! But.....my chemistry has always been perfect and now it's really strange. The bleach shot the FC to 22ppm and my Ph which is always 7.4ish down to 7.0 . The FC is fine now at 3ppm with CC at zero but I can't seem to get my Ph up with Borax. It stays at 7.0 . Did the 22ppm FC do something that I cant correct? It's been 6 days and the only issue is the Ph.
88F FC=3 CC=0 TA=70 CH=180 CYA= 55 Salt=3000 Ph=7.0