Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slide return replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Slide return replacement

The returns on my slide are leaking from the backside. I've had this problem in the past and had been able to stop the leaks but now they have returned and now I've put myself in the spot where if I mange to remove them they will not go back on. The problem with them leaking is they are washing the dirt away from the bottom of the slide.

Attached are older photos of the returns. Can anyone identify these parts, or suggest an alternate. The backside picture has a sticker for "Horizon spa and pool", but I can't seem to locate the part on their website.

The return came with an eyeball, but I had removed that to lower the pressure coming out. I have also ground out the inside threads and the wrench ring (or whatever it's called) to reduce the splashing. Also, the backside of the jet now has two selves back to back from previous repairs, so I don't want to reuse it.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slide return replacement

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

How about Spa Parts? Some of the "Spa Unions" here look like they might be something like what you need? or Spa Jets?

http://www.poolcenter.com/Common_Spa_Parts.html
    40 x 16 (28k gallon) plaster pool, Intelliflo VF pump, Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, using Purifiber, using BBB, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks.

I've identified the part, it is sold as a high volume suction spa part from Hydro-air.

http://www.allpartspoolandspa.com/store ... 4-470-5850

That link shows the 90degree nut I need, I would need a different suction assembly. But most links I have found show the part as discontinued for for an outrageous price.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks a lot like a spa jet. But without the air. You could plug up the air pipe in the link below?

http://spapartsnet.com/Jets/210-5860_1387_1_1.html
    40 x 16 (28k gallon) plaster pool, Intelliflo VF pump, Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, using Purifiber, using BBB, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Probably, but it isn't the most elegant solution. I'm going to contact the company I bought the slide from and see what they are using now.

Thanks
    Gary