Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with understanding my CC level

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with understanding my CC level

I had a CC level of 1.0 and shocked the pool down to a level of 0.0

2 days later, with the help of rain, FC drifted down to 9.5 and I have a CC of 0.5 already today. No heavy swimming since the shock.

Does this suggest algae, is it the rain, something else .... or is this normal? I don't know how long it would take to get the CC back to 1.0 but I figured I would ask and get a better understanding of what may be going on first. I hear lots here about people never shocking their pool and I want to get on that bus too!

Thanks

Evan

This morning's tests:

temp 84
    ph 7.2 (reducing TA a the moment)
    TA 100 (down from 130 thanks to tfp )
    CH 220
    FC 9.5
    CC 0.5
    CYA 70
    19000 gal in ground, pebble tec. Sta-rite system 3 DE filter, Aquarite SWG, raypak 406A heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with understanding my CC level

Having CC show up as 0.5 on the test isn't a problem. Chances are that it is very near zero. If the pool gets lots of sunlight and you maintain the correct FC level, you don't usually get CC, or only a tiny bit that reads as 0.5 on the test. There could be something more complex going on, but until CC goes higher than 0.5 I wouldn't worry about it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help with understanding my CC level

Thanks Jason. I will keep an eye on it and take it from there. I don't typically get lots of sunlight, BTW.
    19000 gal in ground, pebble tec. Sta-rite system 3 DE filter, Aquarite SWG, raypak 406A heater