here are my latest number:
last night
FC- 25
CC-2.5
this morning
FC- 18
CC 2.5
PH-7.5
I have been adding chlorine at least 3 times a day. Am i on the right track? the pool looks great. Im trying to keep the FC at 20 or so but i can get my CC to .05 or less. My last CYA (2 day ago) was about 25.

Should i be maintaining my shock levels at 10-12 with a CYA of about 25 instead of maintaining them at around 20? Im having trouble getting my CC to .05 or less and passing the overnight test.

With CYA at 25 you want FC around 20 to 24. Lowering the FC level will slow the process down even further. You lost 7 FC last night, so you still have a little ways to go.

Getting rid of the last of the baquacil takes time. You should try to relax and let the chlorine do it's job.

Well it looks like i have turned the corner, here are my new numbers:
I have been away for a few day and my son put bleach in this morning
8:30 pm
FC 2.5
CC .5 (barely the water turned a very very light pink almost unnoticeable)
PH 7.8
T/A 150
CYA about 15
I'm going to do the overnight test and see what i get. Tomorrow i will add MA to bring down the PH a bit. any other suggestions???

I would stick to this site. I had gotten very frustrated even here it took me much chlorine and longer then I thought but follow what this sight says for conversion and maintenance and you'll be set.
My pool is crystal clear for the first time in over a year and used everyday again and I couldn't be happier.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.