cya question

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I add water almost every other day because of all this hot weather. I can't get my cya up. I put in the recommended amount wait a week and it either stays the same or drops.

It does not drop below 50 and I am holding fc steady at 3.5ppm. Is it because of adding so much water?

I do not see any signs of a leak anywhere. The weather has been in the high 90s and a few days of 100 plus degrees. My pool is in direct sun,no shade so we have been getting a lot of evaporation and adding new water.

I get my cya from ace hardware and it says its 96%. How would you know if you had a leak underground?

There is a test for leaking. It's called a 'bucket test', and it's as simple as placing a bucket of water on a step or something so that the top of the bucket is out of the water. Mark the level of the water inside the bucket with a permanent marker. Then mark the level of the pool water on the outside of the bucket. Check back later. If both levels drop the same amount, it's due to evaporation. If the pool drops further, you have a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.