Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how much would you sell a slightly-used G3 for?

1. Back To Top    #1

SF Bay Area (Lamorinda), CA

how much would you sell a slightly-used G3 for?

Last summer I bought a Barracuda G3 by mail order (prior to joining this forum). Our pool's old plumbing made it difficult to get a good connection (vacuum port is a different size than the G3 tubing, and the skimmer port is at a weird angle that makes connection through the skimmer impossible). Trying to make it work was a much-delayed project so now I'm thinking it'd be better to sell it on CL instead of having it continue to depreciate in the pool shed. (Besides, I wasn't too crazy about assembling and disassembling those hose sections and hauling them out every time I took the cleaner out) What do y'all think is a fair price for a barely-used G3?
    1950's-era 17K gallon formerly fiberglass, newly replastered IG rectangle (~15x30'),
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter with Franklin Electric 0.75 HP motor and WhisperFlo WFE-3 pump
    Clear ThermaTex bubble cover
    Manual vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Spring, TX

Re: how much would you sell a slightly-used G3 for?

Usually what I do is look on ebay and craigslist and see if anyone is selling the same thing. Then I take an average of the prices and start there. Someone may have a better idea, but this could work.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits