1. Back To Top    #1

Has anyone ever used this?

13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Has anyone ever used this?

I havne't, but I can't imagine that it would work well. Considering that a typical SWG pulls a couple hundred watts, there's no way those puny solar cells would be able to generate enough juice to get any significant chlorine production.

I also saw "mineral purifier" buried in the list of specs, and that throw up red flags for me.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks cool but I'm confused... From what I read it said to "shock pool once a week if water temps are above 70* ". My pool water stays about 83* to 90* during the summer. If I remember right it was above 70* in early spring. Please correct me if I am wrong but if you are required to shock the pool once a week which brings the chlorine level up to above normal levels then what does the product do?? So is it for the winter time? I mean no disrespect I just don't see the savings.

Tim
    Delair 27', 52" round AGP. 19,300gal
    Waterway 22"/1.5hp pump, 2 speed/sand filter, BBB
    My BBB motto.."LESS IS MORE WITHOUT ALL THE CHORES, SO FOLLOW TFP AND IN THE END, THE POOL OWNER SCORES"!

4. Back To Top    #4

It has a solar powered SWG that produces way less chlorine than the units everyone normally uses. It also has a ionizer that puts out copper and zinc. The two parts can be turned on and off separately. The SWG section can use salt you load into the unit, or salt in the pool water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds perfect for the 2 ring inflatable kiddie pool!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh I understand how it works... But what is the point of the shock once a week? My question is this... If you shock once a week when the water temp is over 70* using liquid chlorine, and that brought the chlorine level up to lets say 15ppm, then what is the purpose of the product? If your levels are up that high (shock level) then what good does it do? From what I read, it would be like saying this. I am going to sell you a gallon of bleach. Do not take the lid off, just place it in the water and let it float around. If the water temp exceeds 70* then take another gallon of bleach and poor it in and bring it up to shock level once a week. Maybe I am just missing the concept. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Tim
    My BBB motto.."LESS IS MORE WITHOUT ALL THE CHORES, SO FOLLOW TFP AND IN THE END, THE POOL OWNER SCORES"!

7. Back To Top    #7

I think it recommends shocking because it cannot promise that it will properly sanitize the pool without the supplemented chlorine. Save your money
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah thats what I figured also. It's a neat idea and it may work fine in a smaller pool. I also liked the part where it said "Also included is an optional mineral purifier". I hope anyone who buys one asks question and reads the instructions well. Thanks to the original poster (mynewpool) for sharing this info. I didn't know such a thing existed. Take care

Tim

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow, $400 for that little unit. It has 3 high reviews and no low ones. Maybe if a big pool had 10 of them.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

10. Back To Top    #10

For that kind of money I would suggest a traditional SWG unless there is a significant savings on electricy.
    Round AG 17000 gals. Hayward PowerFlo 1 H.P. 60gpm Sand Filter Aqua Smarte Cannister Chlorine Feeder